Following the collapse of a bid to buy the Hall and continue it as an outdoor pursuits centre Leicestershire County Council intend to put the Hall up for auction. Who knows what it will end up as if sold by auction. Is there any one out there who would be interested in purchasing the Hall and keeping it as an Outdoor Pursuits Centre?
The Friends of Aberglaslyn are a group of like-minded individuals who joined together in 2004 to work for the future of Aberglaslyn Hall.
- The Hall has provided exceptional Outdoor Education for 50 years
- The Friends had hoped to lease the Hall from Leicestershire County Council (LCC) through a charitable trust but our proposals have been rejected
- LCC has decided to close the Hall with effect from 31st August 2013 and plans to sell it by tender on the open market
- We took advice on the possibility of raising funds to purchase the Hall prior to sale on the open market and run it through a Charitable Trust on a not-for-profit basis but LCC felt committed to sell it only on a ‘best value’ basis
- Currently we are prepared to offer our support and background knowledge to any potential purchaser with an education purpose in the hope that, even indirectly, the Hall will remain available to Leicestershire schools in the future.
- Sincere thanks to the 654 respondents who signed our recent petition. If you wish to read their many interesting perspectives please click on the red button titled ‘sign petition’ and follow the link to ‘signatures’.
- If you would like to join ‘The Friends’ please go to the ‘CONTACT’ page on this web site